The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #1
Tachout

The good and bad of the day

Before Christmas my Radiator sprung a bad leak. I limped the truck home from work, and it has just sat. Been either driving the wifes suburban or having her drop me at work. This morning I decided to go out to the local Tear a Part. Long shot I know, but I thought why not. If they did not have it I would not be out much. Got here, paid my Dollar to get in, and asked where to find the couple of trucks they had about my year. Walked up to the first one, and it was a V8 so that was a great possibility. Guy sitting in the cab was very talkative, as he was working to get the cab off the frame. The dog house was already sitting in front of the truck. I walked to the other truck and no radiator.... Walked back to the first and the guy asked me what I was looking for. I told him a radiator, and he pointed at the Ford next to the truck I had hoped to find a radiator from, and he said that was the radiator laying on the truck. He had just pulled it so he could get the dog house and cab off that truck. He was not going to get it. I picked it up for $45.00 and brought it home. Pulled mine out (and you can see all the leaks in the core) and bolted this one in. NO LEAKS! Yeah. Got it in pretty fast too.

Drove the truck to get hay and come back. Came out of the IFA and yep a small puddle under the truck. Back by the fire wall and not under the raidiator. Yep the heater core is leaking. Great.... So I figure I can find a heater core, and figure out changing it but in the mean time throw some stop leak in and see if it seals. Asked if they could get me a price, and availability and they had it in stock for $26.00. I picked it up. Mind you I have not got it in yet, but will get into that in a couple of weekends. I hope the stop leak works for a temp fix, but if not, I will just unhook the heater core and deal with no heat till I get the new one in. Not fun in the winter, in Utah, and no defroster either, so it will need to be fixed soon.
Tachout is offline   Reply With Quote