The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Chevy Fleetside

I just got sent a message

Jumped into the Green 65 today to move it for street cleaning and maybe drive it to my current job site. I jumped in started it and warmed it up a bit, put it in gear and took off. I was going to make a u turn and come down the the hill but I opted for going around the block. As I came to the next intersection (which is not busy at all) I put my foot on the brake pedal and BAM all the way to the floor, (talk about heart wrenching). I pulled the parking brake and that just slowed it down alittle and For some reason I turned left which was heading down hill (not very steep but still down hill), lucky for me the next street is not far away and is a steep uphill so I tured the corner and went up the hill slow in first gear. I went slow for two blocks as the next block is a slight up hill climb. I was able to get it into a parking spot using rev as a brake to park it.
Time for a brake upgrade. That was a message...
I can't edit the heading... it should say I was just sent a message... I am sure there are other errors...

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote