The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
66Submarine

Trade a '71 swb fleet for 60-72 'burb?

Just wondering about this...

I have a really nice '71 SWB fleet that is currently sitting under a tarp going away. It's a really solid truck with only a few dents; almost no rust at all.

Here's the thing though--I don't ever picture myself doing anything with it. I know that the '71-72 SWB fleets are probably the most desirable trucks for a lot of people, but I don't really care for them as much. I just don't see ever driving it; it's going to sit around and deteriorate.

On the other hand, I think a suburban would be very practical for me, and a neat addition to my "collection". I just see the SWB as a con for practicality, but a 'burb would be really cool in several ways. I could see justifying the extra cost to drive it.

I don't think selling the '71 would be a smart move in this market, but I was thinking I could probably trade it for a nice '60-66 (or 67-72) suburban straight-up and have something I'd actually end up driving. What's the thought on this? I haven't been in the loop enough to really have an idea what these things are going for, so I figured I'd ask the board about it.