The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #11
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Good work!
Thanks TJ, obviously the days of hauling wood are behind my truck, unlike your worker! I appreciate your taking a look though

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
What's the fun in just doing it once.
There is some hidden truth to that, I am usually much more satisfied with the 2nd or even 3rd attempts. This may yet turn into one of those times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Diggin' the Evel Knievel ramp...
I am still not 100% sold on it... though I think I am going to go ahead and to the middle section next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
wonder if you can buy a standalone cowl hood scoop in metal for the sides, then graft your skin with the distinctive center peak to it?
I think I have seen what you are talking about done already, though I did not care for it myself; which would explain why I did not save any photos of it.
(I have a huge collection of stolen photos in a folder of stuff I liked on one level or another)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
Another great Murphing, subtle yet different, you really have to look for it. I like
I like how Bomp puts it, the type of mod that you really have to know what you are looking at to realize what was done to it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by International Texan View Post
Great work man. Always doing something just a little different, you have a great eye.
Thank you sir, that same thing has been said about my photography, and some of my art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
this is what I'm going to be doing this summer, I also got a new lmc book the other day and there a a section called share your truck journey, they have a website page to: it's called lmctrucklife.com, they guys truck says they used a center section from a 68 Camaro cowl hood, his hood and section from two other hoods! looks great, I just got to buy the cowl hood and get after it, lol!!
Cannot wait to see how you pull it off buddy!!
I bet you are going to rock it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Murph!
You are truly a glutton for punishment!
To mess with the biggest panel on the truck is really aggressive.
I admire your determination, but dude, you're kinda insane!!!
Kinda... LoL
I have found that enough determination can get you through just about any situation.
Even if you dont come out of it smelling like a rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
where do you come up with all these ideas?, must be the pizza cant wait to see the hood, stay warm.
Hmmmmm pizza !!
I dunno where the ideas come from man, just the way my eye looks at stuff and the creative side of my brain that says, "Man, I could do something with that!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
All I can say is that this modification of yours has influenced me to go ahead with something that was tucked away in the back of my head.
Very Motivational.
Just do it better than I did bud.... lets see what you got up your sleeve !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote