The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Fly By Night

Hey Guys! Here goes post #1 I have a '71 C20 Long Fleet Side powered by a 350 w/ 4 speed. It was a work truck for the local glass company most of its life until I owned it. Before that I think it was the owners personal truck for awhile as there were holes in the back of the cab where it looks like there was a gun rack. My dad and I got it back on the road and redid the interior when I was in HS. Now I am getting it fixed up some more. Some of the interior needs to be loved a little, like my window crank came apart. I haven't been all that happy with the quality of parts I got from LMC truck. My plans are as follows

-Install sound deadening in the cab.
-LS Retrofit
-Get to sit more level and improve handling
-Install HID kit
-Replace cab and turn signal bulbs with LED's
-Clear lenses on front park lights, probably leave the rest amber/red as they are closer to the paint color.

So far my biggest questions are in regard to lowering and making it handle better without spending the big bucks. It seems to be really hard to find lowering parts for a 3/4 ton. I was thinking maybe shorter and stiffer springs front and back, a sway bar and descent shocks. Input would be great on this as I am miffed so far.

Here are some pics of the truck

Fly By Night is offline   Reply With Quote