The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Sean C

Manual Transmission Swap_Issues

Hey all! Sorry I've been posting so much, but you guys are just too helpful!

So, I'm going with an EFI system for my truck. The motor only has around 3000 on her, same for the TH350. I want to do an LS swap, but for now the EFI and a manual will make me plenty happy.

The issues...
From what I've read, the T56 is the best option, but having a bench seat, I'm wondering how I can have the shifter placement adjusted? I heard of a kit for the adjustment, but couldn't find much more on what it is or where to buy, so any help there would be great.

Also, the previous owner of my truck had the original rear end rebuilt. I believe it's a 3.02? Some clarification on that would be great The reason I bring that up is because I'm concerned the T56 being double overdrive would not pair well with the 3.02. Is this an issue? New gears?

Thanks for all your help so far guys! I'm doing my best to gain as much knowledge from previous forums as I possibly can and very much appreciate your direct responses.

Sean
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote