The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2014, 05:24 PM   #11
junkmandan3

Re: GM Semis

Tim------You got it from Earl Fitzgerald [sturgishauling1@yahoo.com] who got a sample from a mutual adopted son Dave Mueller, who got it from me in the first place . I met Earl maybe 6-7 years ago through Dave who I met in 1990 or '91 on the way back to Cleveland from the Marlboro, Mass ATHS national show. Turned out Dave is from upstate NY about 50 miles from my roots, he was a student at Ohio Diesel Tech and getting gas at my normal diesel stop in Salmanca on the Indian reservation . About 2 years ago Earl planted a decal on my power chair at Macungie that I use at many shows to save my back. My feeble memory was aroused by the late Jim Bowser who asked me about the little guy who was used in all GM Diesel's parts and service bulletins in the 50-60s . I found a sample in my vast library of DD and GMC stuff, gave it to Jim who enlarged it and had decals made. They've graced a local 1950 Oliver tractor, Joe Fuller's red Cannonball with 60" Bentz sleeper and Cummins engine . Joe's Cannonball is another story ! You may know Earl has a truck restoration shop and currently is working on a 12V71 powered Brockway , among other projects . He had offered to redo my DD powered pickup, but I was foolishly too cheap to give it to him.
junkmandan3 is offline   Reply With Quote