The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2003, 07:59 PM   #11
shimp

Re: Photoshopped?

Quote:
Originally posted by lolife99
Looks awful LOW without a body drop.What are you using? Spindles, springs, a-arms,... computer??
Let's just say I repositioned the body on the frame. These old chevys don't need a full body drop or a crossmember mod to lay down. However you will have to do some transmission hump mods and some shimming on the back of the bed, and one cut in the frame.

I'm not going to give it all away. If someone else knows and wants to post it that's cool. I don't currently have any crossmember mods, other than the fact that the factory lower A-frames have been drug to the point they are about to fall off. That's why I am going to do some crossmember mods this winter to make it lay where I can drag it without dragging the A-frames at all, but instead drag a skid plate on the bottom of the crossmember. I really like dragging my truck, and have the A-frames to prove it! LOL.

My truck laid out of paved flat surface will come within 1/4" from laying the pinch on the ground without any crossmember mods. However, I like most people want it to lay sqaure on the pinch, which is going to require some more mods than I have done. But once I do the X-member mod it will lay completely flat.

One question. Why are you guys changing to a Rack and Pinion steering setup? I don't foresee any problems with using the factory steering components with a "slightly modified" crossmember. However, a 2" crossmember lift would probably interfere, but I would still think that you could "fabricate around it" for less trouble than changing to a rack and pinion setup.

? does anyone sell I a good four link setup for these trucks? My 2 link is heavy duty, but has caused me grief with pinion angles and stiffness when turning. (one of the back wheels will come off the ground if you corner really hard).
1982 Chevy C30 Crew Cab 2wd LWB - Beater Truck
(I have more!) Too many to list!
shimp is offline   Reply With Quote