The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
rj's 62 c10

R.J's 62 c10

Hey guys i have been lurking around the site for the past month or so there is alot of great builds, information and people on this site from what i can see so i decided to join and start my own build thread i have a 1962 c10 stepside that was my fathers truck he got 20yrs + ago he had did a minor restoration on it in 1999 then sold it 2008 somehow i was lucky enough to get my hands on it in 2011 the guy i had got the truck from tore the whole thing apart and was intending to a frame off restoration in the process of being apart so long he had lost everything to the frame like the entire rear end with trailing arms all the front end componets aarms upper and lower both torsion bars everything all that was left to the truck was the body and a stripped down frame so i bought it from him for $300 i wanted it so bad just because it was my dads old truck after i got the truck to my shop i started searching craigslist for the parts that i needed to get the frame rolling again then i found a guy 2.5 hours from me in Mohawk N.Y. amesome guy with a 62 c10 project truck for sale i ended up buying the cab and a complete rolling frame with alot of new parts too like a full stainless steal brakeline kit all new rubber gaskets for all the windows and doors and new glass for the whole truck but the winshield and new body parts i paid $1000 for everything my plans for this build is putting a newer drive train from a newer 2003 silverado because i already have the truck with a broke frame and 120,000 miles on the drivetrain runs greeeaaat im also putting air ride and im thinking maybe a new mustang 2 front end kit since i dont think there is any way to put air ride on the torsion bar setup i started this build in 10/13 i dont have lots of $ to put into it a once so i am taking it slow and doing what i can
Attached Images

rj's 62 c10 is offline   Reply With Quote