The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
ubtripn

Just got divorced after 22 years, I kept

My 68 and 66 Chevy trucks, she got the house, everything in it, the new Acura TSX and the 2000 F250 (paid off) - which I must say is one heck of a truck. I just wanted 50 percent custody of my teen boys and home to still feel like home for them. (Here is a good secret to keep from fighting during a divorce - give them more than the judge would

Anyway, I took my trucks, tools and left.

Good news though is that I am dropping this engine in, this was a test fit, going to pull it back out and paint the engine compartment. Started it up with straight headers in the garage and almost had a coronary it was so loud. Bought the engine for 1000 in a crate off craigslist. Not sure if its bored to be a 383 stroker or just a 355, I was really only looking for around 300 horses but with the edlebrock 650 its giving more, I could just feel it.

Now my question, what do you all think about running the new exhaust out in front of the rear tires in a long bed, is it done much? Can it cause carbon monoxide concerns in the winter? Thanks for the help!

P.S. I found a 67 4 wheel drive step side 6 cylinder that runs, he will sell it for 1700, should I take the plunge again? This last truck nickle dimed me to death.

Name:  IMAG0445.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  34.2 KB
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote