The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #20
CC69Rat

Re: Just got divorced after 22 years, I kept

I was married for about 8 yrs (nothing compared to 22) .. just saying, and the last 2+ yrs I was basically trying to figure out how I was going to tell her I didnt love her anymore. In fact, if I were to go out on a date with her, I wouldnt call her back. It was honestly that bad. We slept in different rooms, etc. She came to me one day and told me she was planning to file.. Fantastic! I had a meeting setup with a lawyer 3 days after her meeting so I just suggested we file uncontested, she pay half, I pay half. She was like .. HUH ? I guess she thought I'd beg her to stay.

She took the purchase price of our house - what we owed and split it down the middle (at the time, the housing market was in the toilet) Had to borrow more on her mortgage to get me free and clear from it, higher rate .. lol. She REALLY shot herself in the foot. I walked away with half the equity and my stuff. 69 Camaro RS, all my tools, etc.

19 days later I was introduced to a stunning Brazilian girl whom is now my wife. I couldn't ask for more .. I'm happier than I have ever been. If I could build the perfect woman, it would look and act like her. I'm serious fellas. It gets better. Women are ruthless sometimes but bottom line there are more than you can count just waiting on a good man to come into their lives. I want to be married, I want kids .. but it takes two to have a marriage. I'm not saying I'm perfect but when it becomes more of a room mate than a spouse it's time to hit the road and never look back. And that's exactly what I did.

I did several competitions after that, including Ironman and just gave everything to God, myself, my then girlfriend, and my friends. It was like I had been released from prison.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote