The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
djgebert

Opinions please!

I have a little dilemma. I have a 71' factory short bed. The cab is rusty in the rockers, cab corners, kick panels, floor boards in about 6", (basically all of the usual spots). The firewall and window frame are good, roof is good. I have a VERY NICE, basically 99% rust/dent free 69' cab I bought 10 years ago or so with intentions of swapping the cabs. Now that I finally have time to get too the truck and get it finished I am having second thoughts. The 69 cab did not come with a title so I called the BMV who said that if I swapped the cabs I would be issued a rebuilt title, which I really don't want to do. I am now thinking maybe I should just sell the 69' cab and use the money to have the 71' cab repaired. What would you guys/gals do? And, how much do you think the 69' cab is worth and how much do you think it would cost to have the 71' cab repaired (educated guess). The 69' is a non A/C cab and beautiful, but again no title. I have attached a couple of pics so everyone sees what I am talking about. The 71' came factory with a straight six 3 on the tree, so it is by no means a rare truck, but it is a real short bed with matching frame and I really don't want it to have a salvage title. I have a 700r4 and built 383 that is going in it. I already have perfect bed sides, fenders, doors, tailgate, hood, interior, etc., the cab is my only concern now. Thanks in advance for the help and advice! (Upper pic is 71, Lower is 69)
Attached Images

Last edited by djgebert; 02-15-2014 at 08:01 PM.
djgebert is offline   Reply With Quote