The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Cucv

My 74 C20 just died this weekend, and I am pretty much with out of a car now. I do not want a new or newer 4x4 since I do not want to hit something with expensive replacement parts.

There is a guy in southern california who sells CUCVS, and it appears he has a few in stock at all times. His name sounds like 10 Dollar guy. I have read it doesn't take much to register them, and I think it would make an awesome 4x4. They pretty much have the best of everything factory, and wouldn't be easy to break off road.

Since it is a diesel is it easy to drop a sbc in at a later date? In case the 6.2 gets a bit problem-matic. Or do I need to get a gas wiring harness for the truck. I am used to the sbc, and if the 6.2 dies I do not drive enough to really save anything. I will leave it there till it becomes a problem, and or I decide on a big redo a few years from now. If I come to enjoy off roading as I only have been with friends.

I know it is a 1 1/4 ton truck, and probably rides like a tank compared to my current C20. So has anyone removed some of the leaf springs to soften the ride, and if so how well did it go? For tires I will like run 265/75/16's to get access to good tires, and avoid jumping into a truck.

Or anything else anyone can add would be helpfull. For me it is either a CUCV or a new Ram 1500 CC. Because there is a local Dodge dealer who practically gives them away. Where as with a GM or Ford version I would be about $7000 further into one. I guess Dodge wants to get market share one way or another.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote