The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2014, 01:12 AM   #11
mechanixman

Re: 1952 1 Ton Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Very cool, you're a star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater/10 View Post
Damn! That's some awesome work you've done there bud!
Thanks for the kind words guys, it means a lot.
...And now for something completely different!

So we have this really neat program in our school district called battlebots. Roughly based on the tv show on comedy central a little ways back, every year each school builds on average 5 robots and competes for a trophy and a years worth of bragging rights. Over my highschool career, I've most of the bots made from polycorbonate or aluminum. Which is fine and all, but none of the schools have the ability to weld aluminum, and polycorbonate sucks when you're trying to use it as an exoskeleton. So I decided to try and make my team's robot out of chrome moly! It's a 30" x 19" x 7" frame, with a steel front plate, and a polycorbonate top. I decided to name it Chuck Taylor, because the zip ties on the top reminded me of laces, and when I finish the rest of the shoddy paint job, it should vaguely resemble a converse all star. The reason my "weapon" is purple, is I had purple spray paint in the booth, and I wanted to paint something purple.

And onto the truck. I pulled out the axle today, that was a chore on it's own. I basically broke 4-3/8" ratchets in the process. (They were already on their last legs.) So when I went to sears to have them replaced, I got a 1/2 drive socket to finish the job. Soon I'll be designing the mount for my rack and pinion.
Attached Images

mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote