The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
low&slow
Account Suspended

porterbuilt questions

I know it'd probably be easier just to call and ask, but this site has a lot more feedback and a lot more info and pics of what most people on here are interested in.

Any ways, I was thinking pretty seriously about a body drop. I did a lot of research and viewed a TON of photo's on specific drops with different rim sizes and tire sizes to try and find the look I'm going for. I'm pretty sure I got the back of the truck figured out as for how low I want that to go, but as for the front I can't quite figure it out. I'll be adding tubular front control arms and coil overs in the front in the future, but from the research I've done on how much that will lower the front has me a little worried about clearance on the front cross member.

Now with all that said, the look I want doesn't deal with only the drop of the suspension. Without using bags, I'm trying to get the look on my truck as if it was on bags without the actual frame being that low to the ground and that's why I was thinking of a body drop because in order to get the look I want, the body itself needs to have a rake on it. I'm sure I can modify the mounts to give it the rake I want without actually putting a rake on the frame as well.

So my main question is, with the link provided, http://www.porterbuiltfabrication.com/?p=348 How much of a drop does this kit put on the body?
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote