The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Andx0r

So I registered here in '06, and it only took until today to get a Chevy...

But I finally have one!

It's a 1986 3/4 ton from CA. 454, of course. It seems to be all stock, except for headers/straight pipes/flowmasters, and most of the smog stuff on the engine seems to be gone.

I've been eyeing the thing up literally since the day my neighbor brought it home. He's put some work into it and it now runs and drives really nice. It had a choke issue that I fixed when we got to his storage place to retrieve the third seat. Otherwise, runs great. Since it's from CA, so it's ridiculously nice, rust wise. A couple of odd small patches on the body, where seals let water in, but the floors, frame, body mounts, suspension parts, etc literally look brand new. Crazy stuff to a WI guy.

Makes my Volvo 740 turbo look miniscule:

It's got a few minor foibles. Sun damage to the interior, dead radio, and needs a headliner. On the flip side, new shocks, brakes, tires, working front AND rear AC, rebuilt carb, and all of the power windows work.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can start driving it on salt-free roads!
Andx0r is offline   Reply With Quote