The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2014, 01:25 AM   #1
Hatzman

Introductions and 1970 C10 Project

Hello everyone! Although I have been a registered member for quit some time now, I have been pretty dormant on this site... I was working on my 1970 RS Camaro and find that when I am working on more than one project at a time I lose track of things...

That all stops now. Along with the 1970 Camaro, I am the proud owner of a 1970 C10 short bed. This truck was pretty unmolested when I found it several years ago, but was a long bed. I found a shortbed frame and transferred everything over, and rebuilt a shortbed from scratch. (Thanks LMC) it was my daily driver until a few weeks ago when I started to take it apart. Unfortunetly, the guy who did most of the work lost much of the original hardware and replaced it with garbage... So when I started taking it apart just recently It was quit a shocker.

So my quick paint job has now turned into a full restoration and an LS conversion.

I just purchased a 2004 LQ9 motor and a 4L65E transmission. When done with this motor ( some reprogramming ) it will be a nice beefy motor to play with on the streets.

I'm in the garage every night pulling this truck apart and trying to figure things out, so bare with me with the stupid questions.

Before pic soon to follow!
Hatzman is offline   Reply With Quote