The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #11
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
Its hard for me to follow the bodywork thing. Filler primer, epoxy primer, 2k primer, primer sealer. All I would know to do is sand the body, shoot some primer on and and paint.

Way too advance for me.
Lets see if I can help your Forrest Gump.

Bare Metal - Protect with epoxy primer. You can do your filler work first and epoxy or you can epoxy first and do your filler work on top of the epoxy primer. When sanding you may get some exposed metal if you are doing filler over epoxy. Just hit those bare metal spots with more epoxy.

After Epoxy and filler work - This is when you spray your 2k primer, High fill primer, or in my case Slicksand. This is the primer that you use for build so that you can blocksand and get the panel straight and ready for color. This is much harder than it sounds if you are shooting for perfection.lol

After 2k primer, high fill, or slicksand - You continue to block this primer out to 400 to 600 grit depending on the color choice or if you are using a sealer. A sealer in my case epoxy primer that is reduced to put uniformed canvas for paint. The lighter or more translucence the color may make you want to block to 600, also a light metallic you may want to block to 600. If you are using a sealer over 400 grit you may be good to go with color.

Now you are ready for color.

Last edited by Kabwe; 04-22-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote