The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
Classic64

64c10 Wont start

I have a 64 c10 I bought 2 years ago, been sitting in garage since the 1990's old man died and his wife sold it. She had hoses and wires and seals replaced before selling. When i bought it, it ran good but had some starting issues. I could always push start it if i had too though. I got a new job and moved and havent had much time to drive/work on it. Driven once a month for last 18-20months. I replaced the starter in october, and she started right up I drove her around town for a little while and got her warm. Since that time, once she gets warm and driven a little she wont start up again when the engines hot? acts like shes not getting any fuel. I have been busy with work and havent worked on her since NOV/Dec. Tried to start her up today and got nothing. No click no sounds no anything. Batteries brand new. Im not much of a mechanic have been learning as I go so any advice would be greatly appreciated. IT has the 283 v8 all original with 3 on tree.
Classic64 is offline   Reply With Quote