The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Re: Mostly stock vs. significant mods; Daily Driver

I have thousands of pictures and none of solid 505 with upper & loer trim. I know it would look fantastic,though,and the best part is you can be pretty sure you won't see another. In my book that is the goal...looks great,everyone will loves it,yet no one else has it.

Woodland Green had been a mainstay color from day-1. It was actually in the selections for the general public still in this era. I had a Woodland Green '71 Blazer and s far as I know fleet paint is only available as solid color...no two-tones. It wasn't till some point in the '80s,possibly when the '88s came out,that it became a fleet-only color. It's like Tangiers Orange,but in '01 Chevy brought it back to the selections for a while. As a rule,a fleet truck will not be the trimmed out model...pretty base for economic reasons. So,when you see a fleet color on a high end truck it really stands out. I love your choice in keeping it. I actually ordered my '92 in that exact same color. I got GMC to make an exception and I now have the only truck of it's kind between the color,high end loaded with options,and the late year first offering of the 6.5TD coupled with a manual 5spd. I had GMC build me a custom truck! I got more comments on that thing everywhere I went. It stood out,yet it didn't register with most just what it was. But,I did get a heap pf,"That's a beautiful color",and mostly from women. What I like,and was my intention,is it took a new truck and pronounced it's connection with GMC's long lineage.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote