The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
t76turbo

Porterbuilt confusion. No instructions.

The one common theme with the porterbuilt stuff is top quality. And I agree from what I have seen.

But an obvious downfall for me is the lack of even the most basic instructions and/or parts list. I know they are busy. And that is great for their company. But for people like me who are new to this kind of customization, it is extremely frustrating. I have been modifying cars my entire life. Supercharger kits and turbo kits on almost everything I have owned that wasn't that way from the factory, extensive suspension upgrades on 4x4's and sports cars, etc.

I purchased a porterbuilt stage 1 rear kit and a adj track bar from a porterbuilt dealer. I had all the parts powdercoated and am ready to put them on. But I am lost on what bolts go where. Maybe it will be clear once I am under the truck with the parts laid out but since I have to borrow a lift at a buddies house, I can't find out at that point that I am missing something. My friend makes money using his lift. I can't tie him up. I did get a PDF for the track bar only after asking the dealer.

I have seen a ton of threads with people asking 'does this look right'. But that is the blind potentially leading the blind.

So to attempt to verify I at least have the bolts required, can someone that is familiar with the porterbuilt stage 1 kit look at the pics below and tell me where the bolts go???

This goes on the cupped bag plate I assume based on pics I have seen from other threads.

This looks like bolts that hold the plates to the bags. But there are 5 short bolts and one long one. I can see where 4 of the short ones could be used to hold the cupped plates to the bags. There are 2 bolt holes in each of those 2 plates. But where does the other single short bolt and the single longer bolt go? And what bolts are used to hold the bottom of the bags?

I assume these are for the shock relocation brackets that come with the stage 1 kit. Maybe it will be obvious when I get into it.

And I would assume this is for the shocks. But do I guess what order the little spacer, washers, and shocks go in?