The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
SchochCustoms

The shop truck - 71 C10 Deluxe LWB

So I have a side business building cars and selling car parts. It came time that I was in need of a shop truck. I ended up with an 89 F150 I bought in a package deal with another car I needed for the business, but it pissed me off and I sold it after a couple of weeks. I hated having a Ford anyway.

So after I sold the Ford I had some cash in hand and wanted something older. My ideal goal for my business is to build old stuff, most of the stuff I have been doing is newer because I could buy it cheaper and fix it up easily to make money. If I was getting a shop truck though, it was going to be something old and cool so I'd have it for that next step.

Anyway, a friend at work had a 71 C10 that he has owned for a long time, but was talking about selling. Well, took my cash from selling the F150 and waved it at him and talked him in to selling it to me.

I picked it up last weekend and drove it about 35 miles home. I am in love with this truck.

It is a 71 C10 Deluxe with an older Goodwrench 350 and a TH350 trans. The body is straight but the rockers are shot. That is the only real rust on it, other than a few surface rust spots. The bed is straight, floor pans are straight, everything is almost perfect. Visually at least.

The plans are to drop it 4" or so, upgrade the brakes, redo the body and paint it in the original green/white. The interior will be changed to black with the metal painted the green color as the outside is. It'll have some 17" Rocket Racing wheels on it.

Here it is the day I bought it.
1971 Custom 10 Deluxe - shop truck
SchochCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote