The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
GBM

project LIL MAD

I bought this truck from a guy who stripped it all down to restore it and got in over his head.

paid 500.00 for it complete but every peice disassembled.

I thought about it for a while and decided I wanted something to take to the Open Road Races across the U.S.

I located a sub frame (67-72) nova and scabbed it in. Then took an old 9" ford truck rear that I had behind my shop. I want a rat rod, but I want a really really fast go kart handling rat rod. I already have a 50 chevy mud racer

so I channeled the floor 5", moved the cab back 18" and moved the motor back 16". FOr mock up, I sat a 355 out of one of our stock cars and decided to twin turbo this truck for some added UMPPPH.

I didnt like the height of the roof, so I decided 4.5 out of the front and 4 out of the rear. I have been getting some flak from friends because I chopped a perfect 5 window cab. Not a spec of rust through or dents in it at all.

I didnt quarter the top, just laid the "A" pilars back. Still a little work massaging them to exactly how I want. I am also going to build a 5" steel cowl induction hood for it to clear the new motor with the intake and new carb hat. the one on it now is just for mock up and is ugly as hell.
GBM is offline   Reply With Quote