The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2014, 12:54 AM   #1
NEWFISHER

Which engine/injection set up?

Hey guys, Im currently running a warmed up 350, World heads, cam Edlebrock torker and a 1406 etc 700r4 and 4:10s and am on the fence on which direction to go next and would like some input from those who have swapped before me. I drive it 70 miles round trip for work and even though the mpgs are not the best, it would be nice to be in the teens, if it doesn't change oh well. Would like to keep the old school look but love the smooth reliable power from the 5.3s in our crew cab and wife's Tahoe.

Use the existing engine and run a new Tri Power old school set up? I have never driven one, worked on one but love the look.

Use the existing set up and install the Holley Projection system I have and am familiar with which will also accept a traditional air cleaner, have the easy start better mpg qualities but be an aftermarket system on a daily vs a GM system.

Use the existing set up and toss on a reliable as the day is long Tuned Port set up. Good performance, mpgs etc but looks like an 80s camaro under the hood.

Stop wasting everyones time and just do an Ls swap already. More costly and time consuming than the above. Would never have to swap again but looks like a new truck under the hood.

Input from those who have been down this road before is greatly appreciated.