The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2003, 01:41 PM   #1
tallpaul_TX

Insurance Question

For the guys that have a classic truck that they only drive maybe once or twice a week...

Do you have regular insurance through a State Farm of GEICO type of company or through a Classic Car Insurance Company?

Just talked to State Farm, and they said that for classic car insurance on a 1972 Cheyenne insured for ~$8,000 would be $60/month. Have to be driven less than 5,000 miles per year (which is fine), and stored in a locked garage (fine also). But then she said I could only drive it to car shows and on the weekends, NOT TO WORK OR DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS!! WHAT'S WITH THAT?!?!

I did a search online for Classic Car Insurance Companies and the first one that poped up was American Classic Insurance, Inc. I went through their online form and even with Liability and full collision insurance on an $8,000 vehicle, it comes to $60/YEAR!!! Of course their stipulations are 2,500 miles per year and storage in a locked garage, but NO limitations on how or where I choose to drive.

MY QUESTIONS:

1. What types of insurance do you guys have for NON daily drivers?
2. What are the more reputable of Classic Car insurance companies?

Thanks for the help!!

Paul
tallpaul_TX is offline   Reply With Quote