The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
scottv

Can anyone confirm I'm routing these front brakelines correctly?

The truck is a '70, but the front has been changed over to 5 lug disk from what I can tell (because the rear is 6 lug). I first bought 71 brakelines and they were too short, so I had them match up the existing lines and this is what I have now. Wanted to make sure I'm routing them correctly. I've routed the passenger the way that makes most sense, these pics are standing under and behind the calipers looking toward front of truck. Also, there is a metal tab pictured that is fixed on the brakeline, I can't figure out where this goes-I'm wondering if the brake calipers are a different year than the crossmember and there is no proper place for the tab to go. Appreciate any help, I just want to make sure the lines dont get rubbed or kinked.

edited to ad: Oh, and can you see where the brakeline metal connection towards the top of the pic on the right goes through the tophat of the coil? I'm assuming there is supposed to be some kind of clip to hold it in that hole?
Attached Images

scottv is offline   Reply With Quote