The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
KSWes

Re: What I can afford, when I can afford it... 70 Chevy LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Thank you for this! Wonder if they make a kit to integrate an LS factory compressor.
Happy to do the write up, I'm trying to be extra diligent with the camera on this part of the process. I know sometimes I don't get pictures taken until after I've done all the work for the day.

I do believe factory LS compressors are compatible right out of the box with either Old Air or Vintage Air. I know they don't recommend the older GM compressors R4 and A6's with their systems though.

So I'm sure they can put together whatever you want, they offer adapters for LS compressors if I remember correctly from snooping around on their site, and if you don't need the compressor and brackets that should save you a couple hundred bucks, I would think.

I looked at my set up about as many ways as I could imagine, trying to figure out how to squeeze out a dime or two, by getting different parts from different sources and Frankensteining something together but at the end of the day I decided to just go with a full kit because I know it will function properly when I'm done.

My Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=513002
KSWes is offline   Reply With Quote