The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
1971 cheburban

Question Turbo on a 427

I know almost nothing about turbochargers so any of you guys that have turbos, I need help. Can anyone explain how it works, ive got the basics. It crams air down the intake so the intake charge is 100% full rather than just a little air and a little fuel. But what is spool up, and all those other fancy terms.
Is there a way to put one on a original style engine.it would be a bone stock looking 427,probably a car style but would a tall deck work too?original heads, original style intake and carb, and mildly build it. Can I leave the original carb? Will I have to make mounts for the turbo? How the h#\\ do I mount a turbo, do I have to use a serpentine setup. I don't want to, and that would probably be a deal breaker but if there was a way to run the turbo from the existing pulleys that would be awesome. Another question-does a 427 even need a turbo that's not a question, it definitely needs one, ahahahhaahahahahaha
1971 cheburban is offline   Reply With Quote