The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #11
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclassix View Post
What studs are you using for the front? are they going to match the D80 rear?
dont quote me on this until i double check, but they are napa pn. 641-3183. they cross to a dodge 3500 4x4 or something. i just pilfered through the book one day untll i found a stud with the correct thread, correct knurl diameter, and depth. then i matched what i needed based on the factory ford stud spec and the difference now that there is no rotor hat in between. these were perfect if a few thou bigger on the knurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Hey Ryan . Give me your two cents on this . I just got a new master cyl for my 56 . I got the one for a 1 ton dodge so the volume would be rite to work the brakes on my D60 and D70. Im wondering if the brake pedal should put a bit of preload on the master or if the plunger should just touch the piston with no play ? My travel is limited just a touch because of the old under floor style pedal and master . If I could preload the master a bit that whould help for sure with the travel.
i dont think i would pre load the master so far as to apply it. if it was set up static at that piston depth it would not drag the brakes, but it would not have the correct stroke for the circuit. i think it would actually diminish the braking pressure. i dont know this for sure. its been a long time since i studied MC fluid circuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Windmills View Post
Looking good! I'm tuned in more than ever since I've got 3 cummins w250's now, and at least 2 are just donors. Where does one get a 7/8" hex key, I love that!

you have a regular truck farm growing over there! i picked the key up from a local tool truck guy. it was just hanging out on the shelf and i tweaked out and bought it. just for the size of the thing. then i got inside and realized that it was perfect for king pins. best impulse buy ever.

Last edited by ryanroo; 04-16-2014 at 07:25 AM.
ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote