The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
Mattchu60

New Rancho Shocks installed, now truck is bouncing?

Hello All,

I installed new Rancho S5000 shocks on the front of my K10 yesterday, as I read about what a great ride they are. I got the correct length of shocks, truck has stock ride height.

Install was fine, no problem there. Before I had Monroe Sensa-trac's and the ride was pretty rough at times, felt every crack and bump in the road. I read about how great these Rancho shocks were so I bought a pair.

I drove the truck about 30 min this morning to work, the first 10 miles I really like the shocks (asphalt paved road). Then I turned onto a concrete road for another 15 miles and it was terrible, it seems like the truck has a condition which I would call "bouncing." Instead of hitting a bump and settling back down, the front end continues to bounce up and down for a bit. bigger bumps are worse, they seem to echo bounce for a time.

Is this normal?? Should I expect some kind of break in period? I'm about ready to pull these back off and re-install the monroe's after just one drive, I hated it.
Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote