The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2014, 12:55 AM   #1
sventinker

Papa's truck

I would like to introduce you to my father in law (Bill's) truck. A few years ago we were at the Pomona Swap meet getting ready to leave and Bill let me know he sorta bought something. It barely ran and had to be towed home. But once home it didn't take Bill long to have it running. Since that time it has had a new carburetor, intake, exhaust manifold, hei distributor on the 292. He tore down the front of the truck and completely rebuilt the front suspension including having most front end parts powder coated black. It has saddle tanks but only the in cab tank is in use. Bill painted the firewall Orange to practice on and up the A pillar a bit for practice as he intends to paint the whole truck this color.

Bill also had the inner fender wells powder coated but they are not on the truck at this time. It now sports a chrome front bumper and he ditched the stock wheels for these "toyota" wheels bought off of CL. Bill also fabricated his own custom bracket and added power steering too. It got a new heater core and the doors received all new rubber. There is probably more I can't think of or even know at this point.

I would appreciate any input on this truck any of you can add and share. I personally like the patina look and don't want it painted orange. i would also like to know more about the wheels as it needs a matching spare. Thanks everyone.
sventinker is offline   Reply With Quote