The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
Tylerz181500

couple quick questions

first off i apologize if any of the questions seem dumb im new to these trucks, ive built a few 73-87s and gmt400s but never a 72 era truck. so first questiosn

Motor mounts. im throwing in a 96 block, im assuming the motor mounts would be the same? just a better design so i can use the newer clam shells and cradles in that thing? ill weld em on there if need be

Frames, how similar are the 67-72 4x4 frames to that of a 87? im planning on boxing the frame, i already have a freind with the templates to do the 73-87 trucks frames just wondering if its close or if ill need to completely make new templates.

also crossover steering with a d44 up front, anyone done it? what parts did you use, ive done it on a 60 on a 4 linked truck, just wondering what flat tops yall have run and so on.

eventually ill upgrade axles, not converned abou it right now as ill only being running 35s on a trussed 44 and but i might upgrade to a 14 bolt right off the bat. is spring perch width from the 73-87s the same as the 67-72s?

last thing i can think of so far is floors, wheres the best place to get full floors? i just need some patches areound the sides but im not even gonna bother ill just replace the entire floor if they make it. ive done some searching but ive just found patch panels.
Tylerz181500 is offline   Reply With Quote