The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Evaluating my 15" front tire choices.

So, I'm trying to get my front tires setup for this year. I tend to buy 2 tires at a time due to the staggered wheels.

My truck started off with 235/60/15. Not the most common size, but seemed to fit the (iirc) 15x8 M/t's well, and felt/handled decent up front. (my m/t 325 dot's are in the rear)

I lost a tire a little early, and had to hurry to get a new set of fronts before a trip. Due to time and local availability, I ended up just throwing my "spare" rear combo on the front, a 235/70/15 on the same rims. It raised the front end more than I'd like, and they +camber too much, making it touchy. I'm keeping them for a rear spare, but don't like them on the front.

So now I'm faced with finally finding a "correct" front tire that feels and fits good....but that I can FIND. I've found a few 235/60/15's and could go back to that size OR I can switch to the easier-to-find 215/65/15.

The 215/65 will give me the sidewall height I liked on the 235/60, within 2mm. BUT I lose about 20mm of section width. Ok as a front runner, but do you think its too narrow for a steering/stopping tire?

What yall think?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote