The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
yoncey

Weak!!

Wondering if anyone one else has this same problem and if this typical for K5's.

I hitched on my 21' enclosed trailer (empty) onto my K5 for the first time, just to move it around on my property & relocate it. The springs held up with no sag...however, due to the weight...my frame or body moved because I could not open my doors!!!!! HUH!!!! Once I realized that, I quickly removed the load and the doors went back to normal where I can open and shut them with no problem. Ever since this happened I have noticed while driving around in my K5, when ever I hit a bump etc...the gap between the door and the rear bed moves???? Is it normal for blazers to have this much play?
Having the hard top would probably make it more solid and since I am running topless its more flexible maybe??? it drives me nuts now that I have noticed this....

Once again...is this normal for K5's to have that much play? thanks in advance for any responses....
yoncey is offline   Reply With Quote