The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
wrangler160

Choo Choo Customs C10

I am trying to find some info on my truck that has been in my family for over 30 years now. It is a 1981 C10 SWB and I have attached some pictures for reference. The truck was customized by Choo Choo Customs to give it the paint pattern that is on it, and I think they also put in the bucket seats and carpeted the entire inside of the truck. However when I have done research on it all I can find is that Choo Choo Customs went out of business and was purchased by another company so I can't find any info on my truck. Also a few other weird things are the emblem on the side says "Custom Deluxe" but when I go get parts for it they ask if it is a Custom or Deluxe and say they don't have an option. Another weird thing is it has the 6' bed and originally came with a 305 however the title says it is a 3/4 ton?? I have checked the VIN and if I am looking at the right character then it is a 3/4 ton...just thought that was weird seeing how it is a SWB. Any info would be helpful. I am about to start a restro on it and if I can find Choo Choo Customs info then I am going to make it look original however if I can't then I am going to go with a solid paint job and bring it up to the times some. Any input or suggestions is appreciated.
Attached Images

wrangler160 is offline   Reply With Quote