The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
skorpioskorpio

Mar-K vs Counterparts roll pans (front and rear)

I need to get my roll pans ordered and there are several suppliers of them. I'd like to get ones that are formed vs simply rolled or fabbed so I'm not really that interested in the Grant pans. This pretty much narrows it down to the Mar-K or Counterparts pans, anyone have an opinion one way or another on fit of these? Also I'm planning on using them as a bolt on not welded so, if I need to I can do collision repair in the future if God forbid something happens.

I'm also curious on the rear pan if using '73-87 trunnions and notching the tailgate side of the hinge with a pan makes it easier to deal with what I understand is some weird game of Tetris when putting this all together. Mar-K kind of eludes to the fact that once assembled you can't access the hinges without taking the pan off and not at all if you weld it in.

Oh and also has anyone used a CPP hidden hitch receiver with a pan? If it matters it's a Jimmy so would be a leaf spring frame, but converted to trailing arms so no longer has any leaf mounts to get in the way.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote