The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #1
darush01

Need help ASAP !!!

So I spent the last two days at my parents, 150 miles from where I live, I went to head home tonight and oil starts pouring out of the top rear of my motor, I had just left made it a few miles and I smelled oil burning, worse than I'm used to smelling in a 42 year old truck(72 c20 350 4spd) so I pulled into an oreilyys auto parts in case I needed oil I get out and smoke is every where I look under the truck there's a puddle of oil, I look on top of the motor and see it pooled on the intake and running down onto my bellhousing starter and exhaust. Today I set my dwell on my points and my timing tightened the distributor down, and might have messed up by pullin the vent tube from my breather out of the valve cover and sticking an oil plug from my factory valve covers into the hole someone pointed out it could have cause pressure to build in the cranckcase causing oil to escape where it could, my ? Is where is it coming from, my oil sending unit is 3 months old, and would it build too much pressure even with a funtioning PVC valve in the other cover? I'm going to do what I should have at first and buy a new grommet for the breather and put it back but I'm not sure what else ill have to do now
darush01 is offline   Reply With Quote