The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
scorpion1110

Build- The Little Tiger 1968 C10

Hello-

I wanted to start a build thread on the 1968 SWB I picked up. I previously posted this as my last Project and still believe it is. I had forgotten the shear scope of one of these and even though we mostly do it for fun, its still extremely taxing (mentally/physically/economically).

Background:

This 1968 SWB came from Winchester VA. It decodes as a straight six Short Step.

It was a bodyshop rescue I am told where the PO started to part it or the Body Shop did so as an abandoned customer build. Its completely apart except for front and rear suspension. A lot is there and a lot is missing. Hardware in boxes, stuff un labeled the usual abandoned project deal.

Notably missing was: Drivetrain, Bed, Front fenders, steering column, seat.

Major problem areas: Cab rust in rockers, supports and a little of the outer floor drivers side. Core support has rot. All else is nice.

The Plan:

Build a Hot Roddy truck- not too custom but not stock either. Original plan SBC Crate, Muncie M21, bucket seats, five lugs, 2 inch lower. Optioned with PS, PB, Tilt, AM/FM, auxilary gauges.

The Plan will change I am sure.

05/24: Purchased a short fleetside bed, a seat, a tilt column, PS setup, Passenger fender and 5lug rear axles and 5 lug DB front. Whew!

The Candidate:

1968 SWB untouched except the cobjob rocker overlay on both sides. Next thread will show the start of the project. Thanks to all and I look forward to sharing and learning on this. S
Attached Images

The more money you make the less happiness you have.

My Build: The Little Tiger

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=630564
scorpion1110 is offline   Reply With Quote