The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #11
Low Elco

Re: Old Yeller's new heart-5.3/4l60 swap!

Aw, man, that's awesome! Thanks so much. You shoulda jigged and patterned, you could run a pretty strong hustle just off the dudes on this site. I oughta see what it takes to make this part a sticky.

Nope, Wes, haven't touched a thing, just lots of prep and study. I cannot stand half-done stuff, so I really wanna have it together before I take the leap. Comes a point, though, you just gotta cover your chomes and jump.

On the lazy incompetent end of things, Fixed 2 MX bikes, and I parted a truck all weekend, and have a fish on the line (I hope) for the motor in Yeller. I'd like to yank it and have it all bang bang gone at one whack if I can. Now that Vic (as usual) has done killer work in a timely fashion, the onus is upon me to get poppin. I'm tempted to clean and paint it and only drop it in once. We'll see. I was lookin at David Neal's truck and his motor looked good in all yellow-Decisions, decisions.

I did, however, strip everything fuel system related out of the truck I parted, including the pump, carbon can, all QD tubing and lines, fuel pump harness, etc. I'm hoping to have my harness back by the Fourth, as I'm off all week.

I have to procure and swap in a trans for the OTHER truck I bought soon, so I think once that's tacked down, we be good to go!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote