The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
zamboni2354

New Member in the LBC

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and up til now I have simply been lurking but thought I'd take a few minutes to say hi. Originally Oregon born and raised, I've been in California for the past 15 years, 12 of it in Long Beach where I currently live.

I picked up a 72 C10 a month or so ago. It's kind of a unknown as the SPID was missing..so I don't know if it's a plain c10 or something higher up the food chain. I do know that it was a long bed that was shortened and the bed appears to be a real short bed. It has a tilt wheel, originally an a/c cab, headliner. It also has inserts in the door like the cheyenne wood grain..but it's just brown...not sure if that is some homemade deal or maybe a recovered panel? First thing I did was take that foot gas pedal thing off the factory pedal...It has rust issues but runs and drives really nice. It has a 350 that sounds like it has a mild cam in it, 700r4 tranny with what feels like a shift kit. tilt wheel, a/c cab. I bought a complete heating and a/c system locally but haven't installed it yet.

I am suppose to be buying a cab, original short frame rolling chassis, shortbed, and uncut a/c dash from a guy in northern CA this weekend. Doing it long distance and put a small deposit down so if it's not a scam i'll have it by Monday..if it's a scam for the deposit I'll be bummed...

here's my truck

jeff in long beach
zamboni2354 is offline   Reply With Quote