The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
Grizz1963

Re: What did you do to your truck today part II.

Started this morning with painting the rear springs a red under coat...... what a carp job to do.

Tomorrow I will go get some red gloss enamel mixed up to paint them with, I only did the rears, as I am going to Hammerite the front ones in Black.

First coat of undercoat on.

Anyone remember the office remodel Mickey next door was involved in a few months ago, where I rescued some skirting boards that had been glued onto the drywalls with some serious high tech glues ??

Well, I have been watching Thicknesser/Planers the last couple of weeks, after manually cleaning some of the Oak sections for the resto I did on the cast iron furniture a few weeks ago.

Today I was planning on bidding on one on Ebay, but I contacted the seller to go inspect, and then typically, the day turned nasty, and I could not even get away to go look at it before bidding.

I did however get a call from the seller, Mat, a Police officer to tell me a bit about him. I told him that the machine was going to make a lot more than I would be prepared to pay for it. As I wanted to use it to remove all the glue and get all the boards the same thickness......

People continue to surprise me with their kindness.

During the chat, I had told Mat what I had planned to do with the machine. Next thing he suggested I load up the skirting boards and bring them over to his home about 10 miles/16km from where we live, and give it a go on the machine before it sells.

Where do you still get this sort of kindness and consideration ??

So a fast decision was made, Nicola and I moved cars off the drive, loaded all the planks into the back of the truck and I "raced" over to Rochester to meet Mat, and then we got the first, followed by the other 18 planks, each one got three passes through the thicknesser.

This is the result....

I am a very thankful and pleased man tonight.

Getting on with it.

And the result..... Before and after shot.

Now I need about 36 meters of 3mm X 15mm ally strips to fit between the planks and create the sliders.

This was a good day.