The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #21
mschwader

Re: Upgrade to power brakes from manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappyx3! View Post
mschwader,

Looks like a nice start, impressed with the shape of that interior. Maybe a little jealous... What's your build plans?
Honestly I think I want to start with the body and then in. It's got a running motor. Something most aren't lucky to find I suppose. I'm not a huge gear head anymore. At least not like I used to be. Had a 79 Chrysler 300 (came stock with a 360), 90 Chevy 454 SS (probably my most missed), 96 Camaro SS, and then a 2001 Subaru RS. I'm more traditional now in the fact that I own two newer Suburbans. I want to stay carburated. I don't really like the fuel injected idea on an old truck. I gave some thought to throwing a big block in it but it sounds like there is a lot more modification needed than just sticking a 327 or 350 in it. I'm more of a put around guy than a lead foot now.

As far as the body goes. I like the 62 Hood more than the 60 Hood so I'll stick with it. REALLY contemplating changing the bed to a Long Step Side. I already have the fenders and front and rear of the bed off a 60 in may garage. I'm pretty sure I can use those. All I should need is the longer steps in front of the wheel well, the rear steps, and the inside bed walls.
mschwader is offline   Reply With Quote