The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
legotech7

Disk Brake conversion mistake?

Hello everyone, I am seeking some help in what might be a mistake I might have made in choosing brake parts for my disk brake conversion. I am in the mist bagging my 70 c10 1/2 ton, and also in the middle of doing the drum to disk on the front. I purchased 2-1/2'' dropped spindles from CPP to do the exchange. Now I thought I did all my home work on this and tried to save a few dollars and got some parts from the salvage yard to complete the conversion. The rotors are 11-1/2'' diam. x 1-1/4'' thk. The calipers are from the same vehicle, a 1977 1/2 ton c10. Now I was told that they would fit the new spindle. the rotor fits ok but the caliper looks like it is to tight, or what I mean to say is the hole that the screws to the caliper wont line up to the one's on the new spindle. Also the bleeder hose on the top of the caliper looks too long, the top part hit the top portion of the spindle. I hope I'm not confusing anyone, but I sure am scratching my head over this right now.
This first pic is the top of the caliper up against the spindle.... tight...

The second is the bottom, tight also......

And the third is hose is hitting the top of the spindle.....

Now I think I might need to change the caliper set up and or the rotor, to make this work, but I need to know from what year vehicles I need, to make the exchange. I will get the parts new, If I only knew what I needed... I'm asking the experts here for any help in setting me straight. I'm almost done with this bag project, and this is holding me up.

Thank you one and all.........
Attached Images

legotech7 is offline   Reply With Quote