The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
specks70

Windshield Seal and Trim Install

Okay, Tried tackling this last evening and had gotten so frustrated that I completely gave up, which is very unlike me. I love challenges which is probably why I have a profession as an Engineer. Anyway, I wanted to get the windshield installed last evening. I called a buddy of mine to help support. Thank god I did because if my wife and I would have tried doing this together I probably would be signing divorce papers rather than writing this thread asking for your help.
I purchased a new windshield seal and trim kit from LMC. This is the first time ever installing a windshield so I watched all the videos on the net and well, felt like it would be a challenge but was sure I could accomplish the task.
I started with putting the seal around the windshield which seems extremely loose. The windshield is stock by the way. It seems like it is an inch or so to big. I can get it to stay on the windshield but any type of movement to the seal would cause it to start coming off. Okay, that is my first issue. Is that normal? I seen other videos where it looks like they are pretty much stretching the seal a little bit to get it onto the last corner.
Now onto the next, the trim kit seems to be very difficult to install and I feel that it may be do to the seal being so loose, plus being a new trim kit it just hasn't taken the shape of the window yet.
Can someone provide some assistance.????
specks70 is offline   Reply With Quote