The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #1
mg98ta

frame swap on 47-53's

Hey everyone. My name is Michael. Been on here for quite some time, just haven't posted anything. Me & my wife are getting ready to start on her truck. A little back ground. I bought a 50 truck that came with an extra 48 or 49 body. I ended up parting the truck out because it was really rough. I kept the extra body. It has a vin and we are working on getting title work for it. We do not have a frame for the truck. I've read and looked at the 73-87 chevy truck, the S-10,& other frame swaps. Has anyone ever used the 88 up chevy truck chassis? I would like to get some opinions on pro's & con's on some of the swaps. i know the 73-87's are wide & the S-10's are narrow in the front. I don't care for running wide spacer's. We want a frame that will be capable of hauling, towing, & withstand a turbo'ed LS1 powerplant. I work at a fab shop so making mounts and brackets & such is no problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be good to. Thanks
mg98ta is offline   Reply With Quote