The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
Hawssie

More power from a crtae motor

I hava an older but low to almost no mile either 310 or 330 hp long block GM crate motor. To finish the engine off it has an Edelbrock performer and an Edelbrock made Rochester 4 barrel vacuum secondaries carb on it. Also has an MSD distributor with a 6AL ignition, fancy plug wires, air cleaner and valve covers, headers and a serpentine belt set up. I am running a 4L60E w/ TCI controller that I still need to dial in the shifting a bit. All this stuff except the trans & controller is circa 2000 including the engine. At the time this model carb was being discontinued by Edelbrock and the GM parts guy said it was way better then a typical Holley so I should buy it before they are no longer available (his opinion). It does start,run and idle and respond nice but it doesnt feel all that powerful. I was reading the post "need advice on vortec heads on goodwrench!" and I saw the comp cams 268 cam mentioned and was wondering if this would be a good idea for my engine. Would this cam provide benefit for my engine? Or what else would be a good idea to get it closer to 350+ HP like some of the other guys running Vortec heads etc.?
Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote