The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #8
Grizz1963

Re: What did you do to your truck today part II.

Collecting parts, learning along with Martin on his truck and actually having a spare pair of hands is all part of this build.

The caravan/shed has been baptized by a South African friend as "THE KENNEL" and even if it becomes a camping caravan later, it will be known as The Kennel.

As usual I already have the next two incarnations in mind.

Once the truck is completed, the plan today is to have Nicola turn the inside into a cool little weekend away space.

The exterior may well end up in some mad NASCAR livery........ Think Sinclair Oil Corporation, or other similar with Red as a major component. I like the idea of having a Dinosaur on the rear, with its head poking around to the side of the door.

Today I spent about 5 hours washing the interior surfaces, undersides, topsides etc by hand with a rag and loads of Cillit Bang! About 6 buckets of water etc. I also cleaned the Porta Potty and other items that were in it when I got it. The awning and poles were wiped down and packed away under the mattress-less bunks.

The caravan was really only good for a bonfire, and to be honest, anyone who kept his dog in that thing deserved to be punched in the face.

After the interior, I spent a few more hours with a pressure cleaner, getting the roof, sides etc cleaned up.

Imagine a Dinosaur looking around the corner.

After that I parked it up outside the garage in front of the woodwork shed.

BEST NEWS AT LUNCH TIME TODAY........

My E-Z Wiring complete replacement loom arrived from America.

This is probably one of the most sensible lumps of money I will throw at the truck, you do not spend all the time and money on getting an old car sorted, and then have it catch fire and burn out due to faulty wiring, a lot of what my truck has.

Looking forward to bootfairs in the morning.

May also put a coat of good quality paint on the interior of the caravan, as I scrubbed a lot of the print from the ply walls inside.