The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2014, 12:49 AM   #23
oldschool18

Re: another Oldschool sneak peek

well no new pictures but I will get some here this weekend.....I was to busy drying my tears that were all over my garage floor today. here I thought I got all my bad karma out of the way. all I had to do is put the bed on the frame and I thought I was heading around 3rd base heading for home but boy was I wrong. so I went out to the garage spun my truck around moved the bed out to the door and got the cherry picker ready, saw that my neighbor was out cutting the grass and thought I would get everything ready then go get him and we would get the bed on the frame. well I got long eye hooks and ran through the bed bolt holes in the floor and got my straps hooked up and to the right length so the bed would lift level..........and then I start jacking it up and everything is going well its picking level and I just get it high enough to roll the truck underneath it. I was standing on the back of the cherry picker so it wouldn't bounce and I step off it and just went to walk beside it to go get my neighbor and the strap poped off the hook and the bed crashed to the concrete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart sank.....my stomach hurt and if I didn't have to go to work I think I would of started chugging beer, well my neighbor heard the crash and came walking over and all I could think of is that the whole lower bed side were caved in underneath. Now my neighbor is a 65 year old retired state cop who is yelling at me like I'm his son but then he stops and says I think you just scratched the paint a little. so I walk around and look and It didn't look bad at all but it did just miss the wall and a 350 motor that was sitting there. we slid the cart back under and hooked it up again this time I used some duct tape so there was no way the straps could slip off and we got the bed on, it did put a small dent in the back corner and scratched the paint way at the bottom but if you don't know its there you cant see it (so please don't tell anybody about it) But I am positive that good luck is coming my way and thing are about to start working in my favor, but if they don't I will let you guys know so you can start buying stock in Miller Lite cause I am about to start drinking a lot more....

62 Impala
70 C-10 LWB
71 K-10 SWB
85 C-10 LWB==SOLD
01 2500 HD

Members Met......2003Silverado (Dave)
oldschool18 is offline   Reply With Quote