The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
86chevyc10guy

Angry 1986 chevy Silverado short bed no spark please help

Ok to start out I just installed a transmission in it works good dorve it for maybe 4 hours went to wash the truck and right b4 I went to shut it off it died I didnt think much about it. So I washed her and once I was done I tryed to start it and got nothing I had my brother inlaw come over and I checked for spark and nothing so I replaced the ignition coil and replaced the ignition module and tryed it nothing so I put a new distributor in one wire hei and another new ignition module cause it was a 4 prong the stock was a 5 prong so I replace the new coil to the new distributor and still nothing I checked for ground it has it I checked the bat for power I have power there I checked the red wire going to the distributor and I have power there. Please help she's my baby and I need to get her running asap also it cranks kinda fast getting gas but no spark
86chevyc10guy is offline   Reply With Quote