The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
Tennessee Bowtie

Show your current set up and how you got there or where its goin.

Hello everyone!!! I am starting this thread to allow everyone to explain a little about their builds. Show before and afters and also include some of the future mods. With this in mind if you experienced a very tricky portion like the ls swap harness or modifying a column to fit show everyone pictures and explain how you over came the obstacle and what you think would be easier. Lets us know if you need something to help your get past a hump in your build or if you have something that could help someone else. Also if you painted for the first time or tore apart a engine let everyone know your not a nob anymore.

To all my brand new toy is a 1969 C10 SWB with a inline 6 and 3 spd on the column. I have already acquired a 5.3 with 4L60E and when I did I also got the steering column, under dash heather box, whole front end disc brakes and all, both in cab harness and underhood harness and fuse box, fuel tank, with 10 bolt rear end with disc brakes and dash cluster and plastic. Does anyone think I should use any or does anyone need any of these items? Currently i need little stuff like 5.3 re-ring and gasket kit i should be ordering soon hopefully and ls mounts and brackets which i have already pm'd someone hoping to get them.

Current plans are to get motor and tranny in. Then take out to build and install under hood harness. Does anyone have any easy tips on under hood harness its a 99 harness and fuse box. Also i was wondering what year and vehicle tilt steering columns will fit in it. ok lets see some pics.
Attached Images

Tennessee Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote